Monday, April 9, 2012

Triptychs for my Thesis






so I'm back working on my thesis show with my paper doll goddesses! Great progress and success has happened since last critique. I started thinking more about how to contain my dolls and my professor suggested looking into alter pieces and triptychs.  After researching, developing, and sketching I finally came up with final layout.  I was influenced by Lisa Perrin (another great paper doll artist) and emailed a couple questions, its so nice to talk to another person who shares a passion for paper dolls.
With the help of my professor, we created frames from pine, and hinged them together so the piece can stand on its own.
I decided to go back to an old doll and re-do her.  Vera: the Deer Goddess.  Although this piece isn't completely done, I entered it into the student show and it got in!


No comments:

Post a Comment